Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween and stuff



Caden started school and loves it.  The first week I dropped him off and picked him up and then he insisted that he ride the bus.  He is growing up so fast.  Kindergarten hasn't impressed me too much.  The first couple of days I asked him what he did and he said he learned some letters... Hmm-shouldn't all kids starting kindergarten know their letters already?  Kali already knows her letters and how to write some of them.  Oh, well I keep having to remind myself that we put him in kindergarten so that he wouldn't be socially behind and always be the youngest.  We do plenty of things at home and he is so smart.  He is reading like a whiz now, on to level 2 books and he is trying to teach Kali to to add and subtract.  She doesn't get it so much.





I have lots of fun at home with Kali.  She is my helper and always there to help me with any cooking or cleaning.  She is a girly girl and loves to play dress-up and have me paint her nails.  Lately she has been getting into my perfume and lotion.  I can always tell because she uses way too much and reeks for the rest of the day.  She is so much fun and I'm glad I have someone to entertain me all day.




My mom came to town and we went to a pumpkin patch and got pumpkins for $1! Ya so we got ten.  Why not? And I died my hair brown.  I needed a change.

Caden's class went to a different pumpkin patch (we have a lot around here), and I got to go.  Thankfully someone watched Kali for me so I got to be a chaperone. It was fun to see him interact with his little friends.  He has already picked the girl he is going to marry.  Funny boy- Kali told him she wanted to marry him and he said he is already going to marry Sierra so she has to find another handsome boy.




We carved those pumpkins.  Kali is not afraid of getting dirty and was a sticky mess by the end.  Caden    wanted to carve this little tiny pumpkin and he did a good job.  I thought it couldn't be done and he proved me wrong. 





They had fun on Halloween and got too much candy.  I need to toss it, but they would know.  So I have to limit it.  At this rate we will have it for a year. They picked their costumes and we will definitely use them for the rest of the year.  These kids love to dress-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment